5 cups Basmatic rice
5 cups water
1 cup thick coconut milk
2 stalks lemon grass (crushed)
4 slices ginger
2 shallots (smashed)
4 to 5 pandan leaves (knotted)
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash and drain rice and put into rice cooker.
2. Add in the 5 cups of water and 1 cup of thick coconut milk and salt and stir well.
3. Add ginger slices, shallots, lemon grass and pandan leaves.
4. Leave to cook in rice cooker, when steam starts appearing in rice cooker steam vent, add in butter and give rice a quick stir once. Cover and leave to cook till done.
5. Fluff up rice when ready and serve with sliced cucumber, fried chicken, fried fish, egg omelette and sambal chilli (see cat. pickles & dip)
You may also like: