25 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1 tin condensed milk
170g plain flour
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp mixed spices
1. Cream butter with condensed milk, vanilla essence, golden syrup & mixed spices till well mixed and set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
3. Add beaten egg yolk mixture to the creamed butter mixture and mix well. Fold in sifted flour.
4. Beat egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until stiff and fold in the beaten egg mixture.
5. Grease and line an 8″ square tin and preheat tin.
6. For first layer, spread 2 tbsp of mixture in tin and bake in oven at 180 degree C for 10-15 min.
7. For subsequent layers, grill each layer for about 3 min or less.
8. When top most layer is completed, cover tin with a tray or a piece of foil and bake for a further 5 min. It will take longer if the sides are still wet.
9. Turn cake out onto a metal grid and let cool completely before cutting.Kueh Lapis Legit, Print Email