300g starch flour
150g rice flour
1200ml coconut milk
3 pandan leaves, knotted
red and green food colouring
1/2 tsp salt
1. Boil coconut milk with sugar, salt and pandan leaves till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Sieve starch flour with rice flour into a mixing bowl, add in warm coconut milk and mix well. Sieve flour mixture to get a smooth batter.
3. Divide batter into 3 portions, colour 1 portion green, 1 portion red, leave remaining portion uncoloured.
4. Steam batter layer by layer beginning with white batter followed by green and red batter.
5. Pour 200ml of plain batter into a greased and preheated 8″x8″ square tin. Steam over boiling water for about 5 minutes till layer is transparent. Repeat the layering and steaming till all batter is used up.
6. After pouring in the last layer, steam for 15 minutes to cook through. Uncover the steamer during the last 5 minutes for the kueh surface to dry up. Leave to cool for a few hours before cutting into serving pieces.Print Email