1- 1 kg chicken
2 big onions, cut into rings
5 green chillies, sliced diagonally
5 red chillies, sliced diagonally
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp vetsin
1/2 tsp salt
1. Wash and cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces with half the soya sauce for 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Stir-fry the onion rings, sliced red and green chillies for 1 minute over a strong flame. Add the remaining half of the soya sauce. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat another 2 tbsp oil in the wok. Stir-fry the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the water and simmer for 20-25 minutes till chicken is tender.
4. Add in lime juice, salt and sugar to taste.
5. Top with fried onion rings and chillies.
You may also like: