225g caster sugar
450g self-raising flour
120g desiccated coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
red cherries, for decoration
1. Sift the self- raising flour.
2. Cream butter with sugar until light. Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring in one direction.
3. Fold in sifted flour and desiccated coconut. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Spoon batter in small heaps onto greased trays and and top each with a small piece of cut cherry. Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 20 minutes or till light brown in colour.
5. Cool cookies on a cake rack before storing in an airtight container.Print Email