60g green bean flour (Hoon Kwe Flour)
1 tsp pandan paste
1. Mix green bean flour with water and pandan paste. Blend well until a smooth mixture is obtained.
2. Cook mixture over medium heat , stirring all the time until the mixture thickens and turns translucent.
3. Fill a basin with ice and cold water and set the cendol mould over it. Use a wooden spoon to press cooked dough, a little at a time, through the preforations into the cold water. Drain cendol in a colander and set aside.
4. To serve, spoon 2 tbsp of cendol into a bowl, top with shaved ice, chilled coconut milk and 1 or 2 tbsp of gula melaka syrup.
Gula Melaka Syrup:
300g gula melaka
200g rock sugar
2 pandan leaves, knotted
1. Place all ingredients into a saucepan and cook till the sugar dissolves and forms a thick syrup.
2. Remove pandan leaves and strain into a small bowl. Leave to cool.
Use ready squeezed coconut milk, add a pinch of salt and chill in the refrigerator.
You may also like: