300g plain flour
30g rice flour
300g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
100g durian puree (optional)
8 pandan leaves
150ml thick coconut milk
a pinch of salt
1. Wash and blend pandan leaves with the 250ml water and strain out the juice.
2. Sift rice flour, plain flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Mix sugar, eggs and durian puree with 150ml thick coconut milk. Stir till sugar dissolves.
4. Mix sifted ingredients from (2) with 250ml pandan water to make a smooth batter. Gradually add this batter to the
egg mixture. Mix well and strain mixture.
5. Heat an apom balik mould or a kwali until hot. Reduce the heat and grease slightly with oil.
6. Pour the batter into the mould. Cook over low heat, uncovered, until bubbles appear on the top. Cover with a lid and cook until the apom balik turns golden brown. Remove from mould and fold the apom balik into half.Print Email