200g light brown sugar
375g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g mixed fruits
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp Brandy
about 100g crushed cornflakes
1. Mix the dried fruits with 2 tbsp Brandy and leave to soak overnight.
2. Cream butter, sugar and salt until creamy. Add vanilla essence and lightly beaten eggs.
3. Fold in sifted flour and mixed dried fruits and mix well.
4. Using a spoon, scoop about a teaspoon of the cookie dough and drop it into the crushed cornflakes. Roll into small balls and place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in preheated oven at about 160 deg for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.Cornflake Cookies, Print Email