300g rice flour
2 Tbsp tapioca flour
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
- Mix rice flour and tapioca flour with 600 ml water and strain mixture into a saucepan.
- Bring 600 ml water, salt and cooking oil to a boil and pour into flour mixture gradually, stirring quickly until it forms a smooth paste.
- Fill the heated, greased chwee kueh moulds to about ¾ full.
- Arrange moulds on steaming trays and steam over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in moulds to set.
- To serve, re-steam chwee kueh. Unmould and top with fried chai por.
Chai Por Topping:
150g sweet chai por (preserved radish)
3 cloves garlic-minced
2 tsp light soy sauce
¼ dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp pepper
Toasted sesame seeds
- Chop chai por finely, rinse briefly and squeeze dry.
- Heat ½ cup oil in the pan. Add the minced garlic and fry until fragrant. Add chai por and seasoning and continue to stir-fry until fragrant.
You may also like: