125g quick-cooking oatmeal
125ml corn oil
125g brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg.C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or fill with paper baking cups.
2. In a bowl, combine oats and buttermilk, let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil, brown sugar and beaten egg.
3. Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to oat mixture and stir until just blended.
4. Divide the batter equally among the muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan.