250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
150g caster sugar
75g melted butter
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sugar and mix well. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add milk, melted butter, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in the flaked coconut.
4. Divide batter equally among the muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
5. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the muffin from the pan.