250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
125g butter, melted and cooled
125g brown sugar
125ml orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
125 ml buttermilk
50g crystallized ginger, minced
1. Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Add the minced crystallized ginger and mix well. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add buttermilk, melted butter, orange juice and orange zest and stir to combine.
4. Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.